Abstract: Submission Instructions
Submission Opens: 15 Jan 2009
Submission Closes:15 Mar 2009 30 Mar 2009 (Submission Closed)
Acceptance Notification: 10 Apr 2009
Author Registration Deadline: 1 Jun 2009
How to submit your abstract on MARS 2009
- You will need your user account to log on to MARS (Management And Review of Submissions)
- You may use the same email/password from your previous account (from AOGS 2008)
- If you are new to MARS, please click here to create a user account.
Upon landing on MARS, follow the given instructions below
- Go to Conference on the left menu, Click Session List to view and Select Session from the approved listing
- Click Show List to view the list of sessions in the Section of your choice
- Click Session Code to view session and convener details
- TWO abstracts is the maximum limit for each submitting author
- Each registration fee covers TWO presentations maximum
- A processing fee of SGD 32 / USD 22 applies for each abstract. This amount is non-refundable, regardless of its final review status. It is appreciated that any amount owing to AOGS be settled at the time of registration.
- All outstanding payments are tagged to the main author as shown in the system records
Prepare an abstract
- Please strictly follow the templates provided and AOGS appreciates receiving Camera-Ready papers in PDF format with print quality resolution. Templates for Abstract: MS Word PDF Sample
- Length of Abstract should be ONE A4 page maximum, with illustrations (if necessary), paper title, author(s)' name(s), affiliations, addresses and must include contact number and email address of the Main Author.
Submit an abstract
- Go to Author Options, click My Abstracts and then click Create New Abstract. it will guide you through a 3-step submission process:
- Step 1: Enter abstract details and author details.
- Step 2: Upload the abstract file
- Step 3: Pay for the abstract processing fee
- Each abstract will be assigned an Abstract ID. Please quote this in all correspondences.
Modify an abstract
- You can modify, resubmit your own abstract anytime but must be before the given deadline.
- Go to Author Options, click My Abstracts to view your abstract submission(s).
- Click Abstract ID to access full abstract details, including all editing functions.
- Active: The abstract is yet to be reviewed / currently being reviewed
- Accepted: The abstract is accepted.
- Rejected: The abstract is rejected. Note that the abstract processing fee is NOT waived.
- Withdrawn: The abstract is withdrawn. Note that the abstract processing fee is NOT waived.
- Duplicate: The abstract is a double submission. The abstract processing fee is cancelled.
- Conveners and/or Section Presidents will review abstracts for contents and scientific merits.
- The review decision will be either "Accepted" or "Rejected"
- Presentation mode (Oral or Poster) will be decided at the time of session scheduling. Author’s preferred presentation mode is usually honored though not guaranteed to be satisfied.
- It is expected that at least one author attends the meeting to present the accepted abstract
- Authors whose abstracts are accepted must register their meeting attendance by 1 Jun 2009.
- Each registration fee covers TWO presentations maximum.
- At the time of registration, ID of the abstracts to be presented must be provided
- By default, the registrant is deemed to be the presenter. This can be the author or a co-author.
- Abstracts whose authors did not register to attend the meeting risk being withdrawn
- Any outstanding abstract processing fee must be settled at the time of meeting registration