AOGS Funding Support
- Complimentary Registration
- For every 20 accepted abstracts, 1 complimentary registration provided to the Session Convener for deciding the recipient.
- Total funding available is up to 200 complimentary registrations.
Reduced Registration Fee
AOGS has a reduced fee scheme which is applicable to both standard and student rate. AOGS will set aside funding support for up to 10% of eligible delegates to receive reduced fee status.
Eligibility for the reduced fee scheme is restricted to scientists working in less wealthy countries, as defined by the World Bank list of low income and lower middle income countries. Information about the classification procedure is provided at: http://data.worldbank.org/about/country-classifications. There are 91 countries defined as low or lower-middle income, including 34 countries in the Asia Oceania region. These are listed below by alphabetical order by category.
If there are more applicants for the reduced fee waiver scheme than funding available, selection criteria will be applied. The selection process will be overseen by the Financial Support Committee which is chaired by the AOGS Treasurer. The criteria used for the selection process include assessment of the quality of the science, the value of the contribution to the conference session and the relative career stage of the applicant, with preference towards junior scientists.
Application Closes at 12 noon on 12 Mar 2012 21 Mar 2012 (Extended)
Result Notification by 9 April 2012
Registration and Payment by 4 June 2012
Conditions for Application
Note: Submitting the application does NOT imply that the assistance requested will be offered.
- Applicants MUST be based in less wealthy countries, as defined by the World Bank list of low income and lower middle income countries. (Refer to list of countries below)
- Applicants MUST have an accepted abstract.
- Applicants must submit all required information.
- Application must be submitted by 12 noon on 12 Mar 2012 21 Mar 2012 (Singapore time).
- Applications will be reviewed and successful applicants will be notified by email by 9 April 2011.
- Successful applicants must confirm their participation by 04 June 2012, and the payment of that registration fee must be completed by then. Otherwise the offer will lapse.
Applicants based in the following countries are eligible
||Low Middle Income|
|Central African Republic||Cape Verde|
|Congo, Dem. Rep||Djibouti|
|Eritrea||Egypt, Arab Rep.|
|Korea, Dem Rep.||Honduras|
|Rwanda||Micronesia, Fed. Sts.|
|Zimbabwe||Papua New Guinea|
|São Tomé and Principe|
|Syrian Arab Republic|
|West Bank and Gaza|
Back to Top